Type find . -name php.ini when in the / (root) directory. I find that this
works for me, but, then again, I'm fairly new to this game too.

Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Hale [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2003 12:40 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: How Do I Find A File On The HD?

I know that I'm still REALLY new to Linux (Obviously) but am trying to
figure out how to find a file.

Say, I wanted to find php.ini, what would I need to type in?

Thanks! :)

Jim Hale
---
'The OS Tells The PC What To Do With Itself" - Me,1990
---
Visit Our Personal Website at http://hale.dyndns.org, Our Forums at
http://haleforum.dyndns.org or Our Photo Galleries at
http://halegallery.dyndns.org.

 NNC Limited
 Booths Hall
 Chelford Road
 Knutsford
 Cheshire
 WA16 8QZ

 Country of Registration: United Kingdom
 Registered Number: 1120437

 are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify
 the NNC system manager by e-mail at [EMAIL PROTECTED]