From: Brian Lucas [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2003 7:39 AM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Kernel 2.4.18-24.8.0 upgrade hangs X

I've been away from the list for a while so I apologize in advance if this has been dealt with already.

Yesterday, I upgraded RH 8.0 to the latest kernel 2.4.18-24.8.0 on my NEC laptop.  Now, immediately following a login, the X window just hangs on the RedHat splash screen.  Has anyone else experienced this?  The CPU is 99% idle and there is plenty of memory available.  It just seems stuck.

Thoughts?

Brian