On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 10:57:25AM -0500, Robert Adkins II wrote:
>       I just have a quick question before updating Sendmail to the
> lastest "exploit-free" release. I believe that if I save my current
> sendmail.cf file and then run the update and copy that file back into
> position. Sendmail will continue to function as it did before, without
> the potential security hole.

Save both sendmail.mc and sendmail.cf.  If necessary, you can recreate
sendmail.cf from the .mc file.

If you use up2date, you don't have to do anything.  Just run up2date and
the right thing happens.

Don't take too long - we saw penetration attempts come in at our work
systems last night (we patched earlier in the day).

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]