Hi Todd,

Revision numbers in CVS are internal designations, and are not generally
manipulated by the user.  Consider using tags to assign names/numbers
of your choice.  Here is a description of how CVS designates revision
ID's:

http://www.cvshome.org/docs/manual/cvs_4.html#SEC45

>From the text, my guess is that you have another file in the module that
has a 2.x revision ID so the newly assigned internal number would
automatically be 2.1.

Regards,  Mike Klinke