Nice :)
I will be trying to set that up today then. I have been looking for a solution to multimedia space issues for over a week now. Thanks Ed -

Kirby

On Wednesday, March 5, 2003, at 04:33 AM, Ed Wilts wrote:

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 12:54:55AM -0800, Kirby Clements wrote:
NFS is working great for Jaguar on RedHat 8.0. I just keep buying cheap
IDE disks for storage, putting them on the linux boxes, and dumping Mac
files onto them. But, multimedia files will cause problems. An example:
an iMovie file will keep its QuickTime Movie file of the entire project
on the timeline, but will completely lose all of the organized clips on
the timeline that actually made up the movie. This is apparently b/c
Macintosh machines lose their resource fork info when going to a Linux
box. So, keep it to text or self-contained multimedia files if you are
dumping from Mac to Linux, as of right now at least.

This is why people use netatalk - the resource forks are kept intact.

.../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]