Todd A. Jacobs wrote:

That's what I'm talking about: why try to fix it, when you can buy a brand new box from walmart.com or similar for $299-399? Heck, you could get one of their Lindows boxes and install Red Hat on it instead for $199 plus shipping.

Because it's a dual system with specific tasks. Replacing it for a wimpy, and/or crappy $300 machine from walmart is not an option. For one I won't have the expansion I need for it, it won't have a SCSI chain, it won't have dual processors, it won't hold 4 GB of ram, it won't have the room needed for the 4 drives, tape disk and cd...the laundry list continues.

--
M | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.
 Ashley M. Kirchner <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   .   303.442.6410 x130