I mucked up my system by trying to reinstall XP on one of the partitions
on my /dev/hda - of course, it hosed up my otherwise perfectly good,
perfectly working lilo. In trying to get BACK to my beloved and stable
RH, I made the /boot active via using FDISK (set active partition) and
on booting to linux, got LIL (and that was it).

I rebooted with the RH Installation CD 1, ran "linux rescue" then did
the "chroot /mnt/sysimage" - then ran "lilo" again - in the hopes that
it would put me back to where I was before I mucked up. No luck. I start
to get the boot, but end up getting the error about "image=" after it
loads half-way. So it ain't fixed.

I managed to do a "mkbootdisk" and make some modifications to it, but
I'm still without lilo.

I've been through the man pages over and over again, have tried heaps of
different things to get it back, but am still stuck with the "image="
bit. I'm lost. Don't want to reinstall, don't want to upgrade, just want
to get my lilo back to "normal".

Any hints, tips, fixes, anything short of sacrificing a goat?

TIA!
--
Stephen Kuhn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Kuhn Media Australia