On Thu, 6 Mar 2003 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> "Mikkel L. Ellertson" wrote:
>
> > I am not sure about the rtl8139 - the card I have didn't have problems
> > with the origional driver.
>
> Have you ever tried to install and use the card on 6.2 machine ?

Yes, I did. If I remember correctly, it is still in a 6.2 machine.  But
there are a couple of different revesions of the same card.  What
revesion you have makes a difference on how the driver works.  If I
remember correctly, the driver in the origional 6.2 kernel didn't
reconize the later revesions.  But my memory is a bit hazy on this, as
it was over a year ago that this all took place.  You can probably find
a bit about it in the archives for the 6.2 list, as there was a bit of
information exchanged.

I will have to check to see whare that card is right now.  I use mainly
"tulip" cards here...

Mikkel