--- Begin Message ---
"Mikkel L. Ellertson" wrote:

> On Thu, 6 Mar 2003 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > "Mikkel L. Ellertson" wrote:
> >
> > > I am not sure about the rtl8139 - the card I have didn't have problems
> > > with the origional driver.
> >
> > Have you ever tried to install and use the card on 6.2 machine ?
> >

> Yes, I did. If I remember correctly, it is still in a 6.2 machine.  But
> there are a couple of different revesions of the same card.  What
> revesion you have makes a difference on how the driver works.  If I
> remember correctly, the driver in the origional 6.2 kernel didn't
> reconize the later revesions.  But my memory is a bit hazy on this, as
> it was over a year ago that this all took place.  You can probably find
> a bit about it in the archives for the 6.2 list, as there was a bit of
> information exchanged.
>
> I will have to check to see whare that card is right now.  I use mainly
> "tulip" cards here...

In Win2k System, it is "Realtek RTL8139(A) PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter"...
but in Win98, it is "Realtek RTL8139/810X Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC"
The card is good for work with both of these system !

In Linux RedHat 6.2 System, after edit the setting of networking and run
"/etc/rc.d/init.d/network restart"
error messages : eth1 : Can't allocate a 65536 bytes receives ring

So, can you help me to fix the kind of problem ?

Very thank for your help !

Edward.

--- End Message ---