On Thu, 2003-03-06 at 12:13, Distribution Lists wrote:
> Hi there, I 've setup a CVS server on Redhat8.
> CVS authenticates users via a password file in the CVSROOT directory,
> however I want to set it up so that the CVS authenticates aganist a NT
> primary domain controller. I've already setup the RH box to to use PAM,
> and users can get shell / ftp access and use their NT password.
>
> Anyone got CVS to work with PAM /  NT authentication?

I haven't checked the CVS source code, but it seems to me that if CVS
does not find the password file in CVSROOT or the user in that file it
falls back to using /etc/passwd, but it reads it directly, and not
making calls to PAM. I have been unable to make it authenticate with NT
yet, and I think that probably NIS and LDAP would suffer the same
problem. I have the idea of setting up kerberos authentication agains a
Windows 2000 Active Directory, but haven't had the time to test it. If
you have the time and succeed, please post your results.

Cheers,
--
Javier Gostling                        Av. Kennedy 5757, of. 1502
Ingeniero de Sistemas                  Las Condes, Santiago, Chile