GOT IT!!!  WOO HOO!!

I'm gonna get this Linux thing . . .or it's gonna get me!

Told the printer config that it was an lpd queue (I still don't know
what that means, but I'll learn), and then took the "http://"; out of the
printer's url -- and voila!!

Sheesh.  I actually got one thing to work.  But it's encouraging.

Now if I can just get WordPerfect to install.  I keep getting told that
I need other stuff.  Arrgghh.

But ....I've got a printer now!

Mark