i gave up on nautilus to browse via smb://. search google.com/linux for
xsmbrowser. pretty neat tool.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mingle, Michael [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2003 12:10 PM
To: Redhat-List (E-mail)
Subject: Problem using nautilus to browse smb shares

I am trying to use nautilus to browse network shares. I am using the smb://
location which brings up the domain and all the computers in the browse
list. When i click on a computer icon to gain access to its shared I am
asked for a password. I am using an account which I know has domain admin
privileges but when I open one of the shares to view its contents i get a
message that states that I dont have necessary permission to view the share.
Any ideas?

Michael

Michael Mingle, MCSE MCDBA
Information Systems Analyst