DuSTiN KRySaK wrote:
Hi there - just learning redhat, and I need to learn a SQL - now I was
wondering what the diff was between Mysql VS postgreSQL? Is one easier for a
beginner than the other? One more stable? One play nicer with web pages
(that will be my use for it).

You probably won't seem much real difference between the two for the most basic of stuff (which is what you'll be using when you're learning). However, I recommend PostgreSQL for several reasons. It's documentation tends to describe ANSI standard constructs, where MySQL's frequently describes a MySQL specific syntax, even when the standard syntax is supported. Thus, if you learn via the PosgreSQL docs, your experience will support future use of both products better. Also, if you plan to do anything beyond simple web pages in the future, you'll probably want to use PostgreSQL, so learning its security model and administration early on is probably a good path.