Guys/Gals,

I have a problem. It's a small problem, but a total nuisance.

I have a driver that I maintain as part of my job. When compiled against the
redhat 8 stock kernel (2.4.18-14), it fails a regression test. I would give
more details, but I'm not sure exactly what the problem is myself yet; save
to say that the test fails detecting a correct tone from one of our telecoms
card, but the underlying cause for that is uncertain.

However, when it's compiled against an official 2.4.18 kernel from
kernel.org (with no other tool change), it's absolutely fine. The test
passes with flying colours.

Has anyone heard about any problems similar to this, with proprietry drivers
having running problems between the two versions of kernel?

--
Justin Skists
Software Engineer