DuSTiN KRySaK wrote:
> Hi there...
>
> I have a 2nd hard drive (IDE) that I am putting into a RH8 box. It
> has data on it as well....
>
> So I dropped the drive in, and the BIOS config was fine...
>
> So then I tried mounting the drive just to make sure...
>
> # mkdir /mnt/data
> # mount -t ext3 /dev/hdb1 /mnt/data
>
> This worked fine. So I unmounted and deleted the dir in the mnt dir.
>
> I then edited my fstab file and added:
>
> /dev/hdb1   /data   ext3    defaults    1 2
>

> So now when I rebooted, I get the error that "data" doesn't exist. Am
> I missing something?
Make sure you have a /data directory, if not, do a mkdir /data.  In your
example before, you mounted it to /mnt/data.

JMF
James Francis
TechRx Inc.
530 Lindbergh Dr.
Coraopolis, Pa. 15108
Phone: (412) 474-1078   Fax: (412) 474-1074
This E-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may
contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review,
use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by reply E-mail, and destroy all copies
of the original message.