| Okay, I have two questions that are not on topic.
| 1)  Any good open source backup software?
|
| I'm currently using dump and tar.  I like the simplicity of dump but I
| would like to be able to get all my volumes on one tape.  I think you can
| do this if you forward your position before you start the next volume
| but...

AMANDA is widely used, and has worked for me.

        http://freshmeat.net/projects/amanda/?topic_id=137

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson, DoD#743        [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.zip.com.au/~cs/

Biographical history, as taught in our public schools, is still largely a
history of boneheads: ridiculous kings and queens, paranoid political
leaders, compulsive voyagers, ignorant generals -- the flotsam and jetsam of
historical currents. The men who radically altered history, the great
scientists and mathematicians, are seldom mentioned, if at all.
        - Martin Gardner