>>We need more details.

This is what I can provide...what else will be needed
to troubleshoot this?

> Running RH 8.0 box, and I installed Fluxbox last
> night.  That installed ok, but upon reboot, I get an
> error message with /etc/modules.conf.

>>Can you copy the error message from the logs? Try
>>'dmesg | more'
>>and perhaps have a look in /var/log/messages and
>>/var/log/boot.log.

I don't think that sendmail is working because I have
tried to send the logs to my e-mail address and they
have not arrived....

> Started X and could not get my internet connection.
> Checked loopback and /sbin/ifconfig, all is well.

Can you paste the results of the ifconfig command?

I will try this later...

> Then I started to think about the error messages and
> did lsmod and there are only two modules listed,
> instead of the usual amount.

>>What's loaded?

ext3
jbd

These are the only two modules that loaded...

>>- --
>>- -Michael

=====
Winning an argument on the internet is like getting 1st place at the Special Olympics