I agree. I am studying for my LPI instead of RHCE for some  of the same
reasons. Paying so much money for something that has frequently updated
isn't prudent. I may be showing my ignorance, and updates may be less
expensive. However, I think RH needs to re-think it's strategy. I think
they do have the right approach to the test itself, testing hands-on and
weeding out the "photographic memory" types is good for the
certification. It will, however, be hard to attract the masses to this
exam, and perhaps that's what they want. The LPI is attractive in many
respects. I've found in my job hunt (currently looking, anyone?) that
I'm being advised to have familiarity with many distro's. I found this
surprising. I even had one guy tell me, "Get your hands on Gentoo and
some of the other desktop distro's." That kinda floored me, but also
excites me. It's good to see companies wanting a broad knowledge.

<<JAV>>

<<JAV>>