Richard Crawford wrote:
Over the weekend, my wife and I purchased a couple of those spiffy USB
disk pen things that hold 64MB on flash RAM. Very useful little device. I was sold because the package claims to support every version of Windows
that we run in our house, and Linux kernel 2.4.0+.

The question is, how do I make my Linux box (running 2.4.0+) talk to the
USB pen?  I have Googled, but to no avail.  Anyone got any pointers?

Asuming you're runing RH 7.3 or 8.0+ (earlier may be supported as well)

1. Plug it in.

2. Run dmesg as root, look at the end lines. You'll see a reference about a new device/partition created (/dev/sda if you have no other SCSI devices, and partition /dev/sda1).

3. create a mountpoint - mkdir /mnt/usb

4. mount the device - mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/usb

5. Enjoy!

I've got a 128MB device and enjoy it immensely at work since we have several non-connected networks (don't ask) that I have to transfer files to/from.

HTH,
-Rick
--
Rick Johnson, RHCE - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Linux/WAN Administrator - Medata, Inc. (from home)