On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 04:46:06AM -0800, CM Miller wrote:

> I either looking for a tutorial that I can do online, or the basic
> keyboard commands:  For example, if I go into my mailbox view and read a
> message, how do I go back to the mailbox view without quitting Sendmail
> all together (q on the keyboard)?

> I just (want) to become very familiar with the keyboard commands.

Hi Chris,
I think there is some basic confusion here -
You want to know how to read and respond to your email? You want to know
what commands you use from the keyboard to do these things?  Correct so far?

Ok here is some vocabulary: (off the top of my head so be skeptical)
MUA-  Mail user agent - the program you use to read your email and send out
emails, examples are mutt elm, pine Eudora, "outlook" etc..   This is the
program you use all the time and the program you think of as "my email
program"

MDA - mail delivery agent - procmail, formail (I think.)  The program that
puts the email in your  mail spool file or your email mail box.  You will
probably never even know that this program is running and will probably never
interact with it.

MTA - mail transport agent - the program that delivers emails between systems
across a LAN and across the internet (also within a system, but thats a minor
aspect)

Sendmail, is an MTA (so are Qmail and Postfix, I think),
Chris you should never see sendmail from your keyboard prompt unless you are
trying to diagnose some problems with your mail delivery.

Unless I'm mistaken I think you want to know how to use an MUA, i.e.
you want to use an email program to read and write email?

Do you know which email program you want to use?  There are many choices.
Each has its own strengths and weaknesses.  I use mutt and exmh.

> thanks
>
> -Chris
>

> >what kind of commands do you need or want?
>
> >do a man sendmail or man "command"

Jeff Kinz, Open-PC, Emergent Research,  Hudson, MA.  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
copyright 2003.  Use is restricted. Any use is an
acceptance of the offer at http://www.kinz.org/policy.html.