John-Paul Delaney said:

> In /var/log/messages I find a long list of errors:
>     ..." in.tftpd[31383]: cannot bind to local socket:  Address already in

try stopping inetd/xinetd whichever your using, run netstat and check
to be sure nothing is using the tftp port, perhaps theres a hung tftpd
process, or something else is spawning tftpd. don't restart inetd/xinetd
until nothing shows up using UDP/69 with netstat.

if you have other things in inetd/xinetd that needs to be up during this
time then just disable the tftpd service for the duration, and reload
xinetd so the service will be disabled.

nate