Hello .. I'm a new user of Linux and am having a problem with the modem in Linux.  I got through the OS Installation without a problem, but the modem doesn't want work - when ever I try to "activate" it to connect to the internet - the system hangs, then on reboot it gets stuck at the pppO line item during the boot.

How do I fix this?

Sorry if this sounds like a basic quesiton - I just have no idea how to correct it.  I even looked at Red Hat & Creative's website for drivers to download and neither of them had anything.

Thanks,

Mike