Andrew,

On Thursday March 20, 2003 06:26, Andrew Robinson wrote:
> I'm trying to port an application from HPUX to Linux without knowing alot
> about C and program development. One of the programs calls plock(), which
> according to the man page on HPUX locks the application's memory. Using
> "man -k", I cannot find an analogous routine on my Redhat 7.3 installation.
> Anyone know of a suitable replacement for plock()? Anyone know of a
> suitable forum to pose this question?

What you need to use is mlock() or mlockall(). But these are a little
different and you'll probably need to see how plock() is being called.

You may want to try to search Google for where the Linux C programming list
is, or some equivalent newsgroups.

--
Brian Ashe                                                     CTO
Dee-Web Software Services, LLC.                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]