From: Andrew Robinson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, March 21, 2003 2:41 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Way OT: Really basic windows book

Sorry to be so very far off topic, but there are some very knowledgeable

folks on this list. We just gave my 77 year old mother-in-law her first
computer. It is running Windows 2000 (because that's what I had to
load). I
need to find her a really, really basic computer book, a book for
someone
who has never touched a computer before. The book needs to start with
"this
is a window," "this is how you close a window," "this is how you move a
window," "this is how handle more than one window on the screen," etc.
Can
someone recommend a good book for windows that starts at that basic a
level?

To bring this back to topic a little bit, once I get her up to speed on
basic computer skills, I'll try to convert her to Linux.

Thanks!

Andrew Robinson

* Andrew W. Robinson                     | Voice:  +1 (504)-378-0179   *
* Computerized Processes Unlimited, LLC. | FAX:    +1 (504)-889-2799   *
* 4200 S. I-10 Service Rd., Suite 205    | E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]         *
* Metairie, LA 70001                     | WWW: http://www.cpu.com     *
*                  "Consulting System Integrators"                     *