I am running RedHat 8.0 with the latest kernel and downloaded VMWare beta 4
so I can run my Windows ME apps.  During the VM install, the installer could
not find a "gcc" compiler.  I popped in my RH 8 install disk, found the
"gcc" files and began to install them.  THEN I got an error that the
installer could not find "krb5-libs = 1.7.5-6". I did a search on my system
and found I had "1.7.5-8" installed.  Now I can't get "gcc" to install
because it won't accept "-8".  Should I uninstall krb5-libs ...-8 and
download -6, then install gcc ALL so I can run VM Beta 4?  OR will this
cascade problems in my system.

Thanks in advance

Mark Richardson