On 14:28 23 Mar 2003, Ashley M. Kirchner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| nate wrote:
| >yes I have noticed this from time to time. It's quite rare for me,
| >but does happen. Haven't investigated much yet myself. quite odd,
|    Okay, I'm not going crazy then.  For me it only happens whenever I
| execute some restart (or stop/start) init script.  Any other time I can
| log in and out just fine.  It almost seems as if ssh expects whatever
| process you started to quit or something.  Like it won't exit if there's
| something tied to it.  Bizarre.

If you're dicking with an ethernet interface or firewall rules
it can cut your connection off from the RST packet, so your ssh
connection never sees the drop of the connection, just silence.
--
Cameron Simpson, DoD#743        [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.zip.com.au/~cs/

Uhlmann's Razor: When stupidity is a sufficient explanation, there is no need
                 to have recourse to any other.
                        - Michael M. Uhlmann, assistant attorney general
                          for legislation in the Ford Administration