i have just got into redhat  "jumped right in with minimal knowledge of
linux"

i have ran into a few problems

1 have no sound at all

2 have crappy video 256 color

3 my starband sattelite is not working right under linux "i think i need to
emulate windows or something like that "

i have a very high end computer

2.6 ghz processor P4

NVIDIA Geforce 4 ti video card

creative soundblaster audigy (not sure what model i know its an high end )

i have read a few so called tutorials on installing these drivers etc etc but
they have been aimed at people with knowledge of linux

i on the other hand have no exp in linux .

1 have a 120 gig hd

i have windows xp installed on the primary partition, windows has a 4 gig
partition, with 2 - 10 gig logic storage partitions

i have a 10 gig partition formated in fat32 for my linux program storage and
gave the rest of the hd to redhat   thats almost 90 gigs of space "is this
too much, i am hoping to use linux more than windows"

as for the sattelite  this is my primary internet connection i have the host
name ip address for the dns primary and secondary  what is the third one  a
triatary so something like that and how would i configure it to work since
starband is software dependant, this is where i think that the windows
emulation may work out the best, i dont know what to do here!!! i have
contacted starband and told them i am running redhat

and i get the same answer    whats redhat   so there no help at all and they
have no idea what im talking about so i desided to write this and hopefully
someone will reply to this and take some stress off of me by  walking me
through the driver installation at least ,   and for the starband issure
this is the most important thing that i need help on cause i cant go online
with redhat   and download the drivers "kernel"

so far from what i have exp with redhat and have heard   i know i am going to
like it better than Windoez Xtra Pain and suffering

please reply to the email address     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE TO ALL WHO REPLY