On Tue, 2003-03-25 at 01:43, Edward Dekkers wrote:
> > I want to port linux(redhat linux 8.0) driver from 32 bit to 64 bit
> > Intel architecture.
> > Can anyone tell me what change has to be done in driver code to support
> > 64 bit architecture... or where can I find relevant information.
> > Will the same change work for 32 bit architecture also.
> >
> > Any help will be highly appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> > Regards,
> > Prasanta
>
> Prasanta, asking 3 times is not going to get you an answer any faster. If
> you haven't received a response it is probably because we don't know.

One could also try actually watching for an answer, which I posted
yesterday.  Try:

http://www.linuxia64.org/

Just in case Prasanta does happen to be listening, I can tell you from
my limited experience working with ia64 that even if the changes
necessary to support ia64 aren't backward compatible to ia32, the
changes are probably minor enough that a few #ifdefs should handle it.

--
David Hollister
Furthurnet - Free, legal P2P - share the tunes:  http://furthurnet.org