On Sat, 2003-03-22 at 10:27, Matt wrote:
> is there away that I can block spam when using Evolution or do I have to
> set up a Filter on every spam that I get

You can set up a filter to use 'spamc -c'.  Make sure that spamd is
running (on RH 8 you can find it under Server Settings->Services, check
Spamassassin).  In your Evo filters create a new filter on incoming
mail, under 'Criterion' select 'Pipe Message to Shell Command', enter
'/usr/bin/spamc -c' and 'does not return 0'.  Under 'actions', move the
mail to a 'spam' folder.

I recommend setting this up to be your *last* filter which cuts down on
the number of false positives.  Also, as a general rule, always have two
actions for every filter: first action should be to move the mail or
whatever you're going to do to it, and the second action should be 'stop
processing'.  This makes the filters run faster and will prevent odd
problems.

--
Cliff Wells, Software Engineer
Logiplex Corporation (www.logiplex.net)