Subject: Re: DVD's in RH8
From: Stephen Kuhn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: 26 Mar 2003 06:49:17 +1100

On Wed, 2003-03-26 at 06:30, Mike Taggart wrote:

Is there any software already built in to RH8 to play DVD's?

I've looked and don't see anything that would play back a DVD - but
then again, this is all very new to me and am still learning.

Thanks,

Mike

RedHat 8.0 has very little in the way of playing/viewing/manipulating
anything. DVD's or MP3's. You're going to have to get the source or
RPM's from elsewhere and install them.

On the other hand, Mandrake's distro comes complete with everything
necessary to play MP3's, DVD's, AVI's, MPEG's and just about anything
else - and right out of the box, right after installation.