Ed Wilts wrote:

But what about some of these that seem to go undocumented:

/Italics/

_Underline_

*Bold|Emphasis*

You physically can't use true italics, underline, or bold in a plain
text e-mail.  If you want to use funny symbols around them like you did,
use them sparingly and you won't annoy too many people.  The more you
try and use fancy formatting, the worse it gets.  What we're looking for
is content, not how pretty your e-mail looks.  If it's not absolutely
relevant to the question you're asking, leave it out.

Yes, but certain clients (i.e. Mozilla) properly render that as Italic, Underline, and Bold. For those of us where that *is* the case, we enjoy the extra effort.

-Rick
--
Rick Johnson, RHCE #807302311706007 - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Linux/Network Administrator - Medata, Inc.