I just installed Red Hat 7.3 on a new system, and it seems like I just can't get the X server to start. When I boot to level 5, I just get a text login. Then after a short while, it looks like the X server tries to start, but it dies instantly. The system will retry the operation, but not until several minutes have passed. I can't find any error messages in the logs. In particular, /var/lib/gdm/:0.log is empty.

And now the really weird part: If I disable the network, X will work just fine. Well, maybe not that strange as such, as it points towards a problem with the network setup, but I can't find anything wrong with it, and I've tried *really* hard.

Ideas, anyone?
--
Toralf Lund <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> +47 66 85 51 22
ProCaptura AS                       +47 66 85 51 00 (switchboard)