> I'm running RH 8.0 on a Toshiba Satellite 1905-303 (with the
> out-of-the-box Linux kernel). The laptop uses ACPI power
> management scheme. Yet when I try to build docs apps to monitor power,
> they give me messages that ACPI is not supported. In poking around on
> the web, I noticed that someone was building ACPI modules for Linux
> kernels. Is my hunch correct that I'm going to have to build and install
> an ACPI module or patch for kernel 2.4.18-14? Does anyone have a
> recommendation on a module or patch to install?

Pete, I can't remember the hows and whens, but yes, you will have to patch &
recompile your kernel when this subject came up last.

But from memory soe people on this list did it and it worked OK.

You may want to search the archives or google?

Regards,

---
Edward Dekkers (Director)
Triple D Computer Services P/L