I have a few questions concerning the upcoming RedHat Linux 9.0 release:

1. Due to the implementation of the new threading tech, would I be able to
recompile redhat included kernel?
2. Would I be able to compile and run non-redhat kernels with out loosing the
new threading tech?
3. How is the threading implementation different from the 2.5 development
kernel?
4. Is the threading implementation a patch on top of the 2.4.20 kernel?
5. If I will run a 2.5 development kernel, will redhat work the same in terms
of threading?
6. Would I be able to run NVIDIA drivers if I compile them from source?
7. Would Java Runtime Environment work?
8. What other incompatibilities are introduced?
9. Considering that redhat does not support ACPI functions, would they work
if
they are enabled in the kernel? (I will be running it on a laptop)

Your answers are greatly appreciated. I will use this info to determine if I
should buy a copy of Redhat 9 or if I should wait.

Thank You

Max Z.