On Fri, Mar 28, 2003 at 12:03:15PM -0500, Billy Davis wrote:
> That did it.  Thanks again.  I did remove and reload all of the mysql
> packages, but mysqld was NOT running.  I DO have webmin installed, but have
> have never used it.  When I start Mozilla, enter http://localhost:10000/ and
> try to logon as root, I get a message that says that my root password will
> be unsecured.  Surely there is a better way to start webmin?????

webmin is really designed to be run only on your local lan, and usually
from a browser that's on the same machine as webmin is on.  This means
that even if the root password is going across unencrypted, it isn't
really a problem.  Never open up the webmin port across the wan.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]