Does anyone have any specific knowledge HOW BAD a problem this could be
indicating? Sure it doesn't ID the PCI bridge chip (assumes it's
transparent - probably a bad assumption), but also (perhaps as a
result?) it doesn't find my RTC registers, can't start the audio mixer,
doesn't know what to do with the modem driver etc. The motherboard in
question is an Intel D845PESV with the onboard LAN. I know it recognizes
the audio system on the 82801 chip (but it can't play anything), it
NEVER finds the codec chips ready to go! This on a motherboard that runs
all this stuff under Win2K flawlessly! Any idea where I go from here,
who looks into this, any usable workarounds, when it might be supported?