Hi,

I have only seen perl scripts and emacs macros offered as solutions till
now on the list. If you use vi as your text editor, then do the following:

1. Open the the file i.e. vi filename.txt

2. :1,$ s/ctrl-Vctrl-M//

3. Save the file.

The ctrl-V followed by ctrl-M trick is given in the vi FAQ which is
available at umpteen locations on the Net. If you use vi editor even
occassionally, the FAQ is worth a read.

-- Raj

| Raj Singh               | EMAIL : [EMAIL PROTECTED]      |
| CEERI, Pilani - 333 031 | PHONE : 91-1596-42359 (office)  |
| Rajasthan (INDIA)       | FAX   : 91-1596-42294 (office)  |