Yes traceroute is installed.  It works fine if I plug directly into the
cable-modem.  It's only while sitting behind the linksys with a private IP that
it won't function.  Starting with the first hop, I just get "*"s.  It seems to
me that it doesn't know how to route from the private IP out the linksys - even
though everything else (mail, news, web, ping) works fine. I'd blame the linksys
except that this issue only exists on my linux box.  Good thing my hammer isn't
close by. :)

-Chris

>Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 19:04:16 -0600
>From: "Leonard Miller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <DM-MN-06:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Re: (no subject)
>
> Is traceroute installed?
> rpm -qa | grep traceroute

> I'm missing something really silly and need pointed in the right
> direction.  I
> just installed a linksys router behind my cable modem (dhcp assigning
> addresses), creating a 3-machine network (2 windows boxes, 1 linux box).
>  I'm
> sitting on an IP of 192.168.1.100.  All boxes route just fine.  The only
> glitch
> I'm finding involves my linux box.  I route just fine (web, mail, etc).
> I can
> ping too.  But I cannot perform a traceroute.  Windows boxes can do
> traceroutes
> Ok.  What'd I miss??
>
> Thanks!

-Chris