If you have Midnight Commander installed, you can use it
for unpacking RPM files. You can just press Enter when
the RPM file is highlighted and enter into it like entering
into the directory. Then you can copy its contents, which will be
displayed in the panel, like copying the regular files.

Alexey Fadyushin
Brainbench MVP for Linux.
http://www.brainbench.com