On Sat, 29 Mar 2003, Haisam K. Ido wrote:

> Thanks.  The system chose CDCEther.  How do I prevent it from doing that
> or how do I change eth0 from CDCEther to lets say eth2.  I'll checkout
> usbdnet.

for what it's worth, i have an ongoing documentation project
discussing running the OpenZaurus image on a Zaurus 5500 --
it's one of the chapters at www.linux-migration.org.

i've been waiting for the (just recently released) new release of
OZ before i went back to adding more info there.  your issue
is addressed there -- you have to blacklist the CDCEther module.

currently, i'm happily running the new image, and ssh'ed in to my
Z from RH 8.0.  very nice.

rday