Okay, I moved my mail server this weekend. No biggie. Consquently, my list
mail backed up and I had over 200 email messages from this list to download
into Evolution to my laptop, not to mention my other mailboxes  that I use
Evolution to check. Well, everything downloaded fine except the list mail. At
some point, Evolution popped in error on the screen and halted (I don't have
the error). The entire system froze. When I rebooted, init failed with a
kernel panic, init not found.  Panic ensued so I booted with the RH8 cd and
attempted a rescue. No luck. I had to run fsck and a HUGE about of files were
dumped into lost+found. Or so I thought. There are some files there but most
have a file type of "b" as in brw-rw---- foo.  Can I recover any of these? I
am only concerned with one file but if I try to copy one of these files it
says no "such device'. Any hope of getting at least 1 or two files? Thanks!

<<JAV>>