On Sun, 30 Mar 2003, KC wrote:

> Ok I ment an entire shell service... for remote users. and how do i change

Depends what you are trying to do.  There's a HOWTO for using Linux to
provide ISP services; that might help.  Otherwise, post a more detailed
description of what services you want to provide and what system you're
trying to use to provide them.

> the settigns of the firewall?

For beginners trying to firewall an individual desktop, there's
redhat-config-securitylevel or gnome-lokkit (or lokkit for the command
line).  But for serious firewall-building, you'll need to learn something
about iptables.  You can get assistance from software configuration tools
available on the net like fwbuilder, mason, firestarter, etc. If your
system is pre-RH8 but has a 2.4 kernel, you'll probably want to change
from ipchains to iptables (though some might dispute that).