>Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 17:27:59 -0400
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: How Linux Could Kill Windows NT

[snip]

>3. A standard interface. This issue will prove hardest
>of all because it flies in the face of the Linux gestalt.
>It's not a technical issue. At least one firm has already
>built a Win95 clone. Rather it's the problem of getting
>the fiercely independent Linuxites to agree to a single
>standard. Remember, the core community is made up of Unix
>geeks who think graphical interfaces are for sissies.

I already mentioned it would be a good idea to develop a common document
framework based on CORBA for KDE, Enlightenment, Gnome, etc.  This would
make it more flexible to manipulate and use files and applications.

One thing though...  Say I was running Communicator on a remote machine
and using it I was able to create a URL shortcut onto my local
desktop...  How in the world would that work?????