On Mon, 2003-03-31 at 23:47, Daniel Tan wrote:
> sendmail: spurious 8259A interrupt IRQ7 error during boot up.
> how to overcome this? did a search on google but not much help either.

I always see that message about the time the getty comes up.  I've
searched all over and found no real explanation, just advice not to
worry about it.

Since the kernel developers say it's harmless, it doesn't seem to affect
anything, and I couldn't fix it myself even if it did, the logical
course of action was to grep for that message and comment it out before
rebuilding my kernel. :o)

Krum