From: Cliff Wells [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2003 12:37 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: rdram?

On Wed, 2003-04-02 at 09:02, Kaya Buyukcelen wrote:
> Hello,
> I will order a new pc.
> I will buy Asus board with P4-2,5ghz processor.
> Is rdram good for a linux server?
> Or should I buy ddrram?
> The ram will be about 1gb.
> Also I will have an agp card; ati-7000 64mb
> Does it make any problem?

Rambus is good memory, it's just expensive.  DDR is nearly as good at
far lower price.  However, if you have the $$$, I'd use Rambus.  If
you
go with DDR, be sure to get it from a reliable source (i.e. Crucial).
There's a lot of cheap DDR on the market right now, which may work or
may not (or worse, just work sometimes).  I use cheap RAM in my
desktop
(512MB PC2100 for $49.99 =), but on a server I'd go with higher
quality.

And run memory tests on whatever you get.

- --
Cliff Wells, Software Engineer
Logiplex Corporation (www.logiplex.net)
(503) 978-6726 x308  (800) 735-0555 x308

- --