On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 02:29:05PM +0800, Edward Dekkers wrote:
> OK, first we had the '9 not 9.0' thread, then we had the 'get it early'
> thread, and I guess now all the people lucky enough to be able to get their
> hands on it are going to be flooding the list with "I've upgraded-  this is
> broken - how do I fix it?" questions.....
>
> Please guys, it will be at LEAST 2 weeks before people less fortunate
> (that's me in Australia with my 56K modem and only 0-1Kb/s download speed
> from BitTorrent included) can get their hands on it.

That's a problem for you, not for us.  I don't believe that your slow
connections should prevent the rest of us from installing it and sharing
the knowledge.

> Can we hold off with the questions till we've had a chance to look at it?
> It's not even officially released for cryin out loud!
>
> Or post it on the shrike list (is there one yet?)

That is the right answer.  Yes, there is a shrike list, and that's where
distribution-specific queries should go.  Similarly, 8.0 questions
should be on psyche-list.  IMHO, redhat-list should be for issues that
are generic across distributions.

> Sorry about the rant. I get like this whenever there's a new release and the
> 'bleeding edge must have it people' start complaints the same day they
> finish downloading/installing it. Patience!

There are people out there who have it installed already.  Yes, there
will be more over time, but that doesn't mean we should discuss issues
and resolutions until more people have it installed.  After all, if it
turns out to be a bug, then it would be nice to have Red Hat issue fixes
before the masses (like you!) get around to installing it.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]