-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Willis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thursday, April 03, 2003 1:34 PM
Subject: Telnet Server, etc...

>Ok - I just finished installing RH8.0 on my Dell server, and am already
>streaming wideo using RealServer (is there an Open Source
>alternative?).  However, I can't remember what service to install/start
>so that I can telnet to this server from my RH desktop.  I've installed
>Webmin, but I also need the functionality of telnet.

The command to activate telnet is:
     chkconfig --level 345 telnet on
Just make sure that your firewall and hosts.allow and hosts.deny files allow
it as well.

>Also, where can I put this line ./Bin/rmserver rmserver.cfg so that the
>Real Server will auto start on boot...xinetd?

  I tend to start some things from /etc/rc.d/rc.local, but you can probably
arrange a way to do this via xinetd...  man xinetd for the more there.  You
might also check the help info on the rmserver itself.  man rmserver, and or
the basic readme file that may have come with it.  If you want to do this
from rc.local, just edit the file with you favorite text editor and place
the start up command there.  A third option would be to put in the rc3.d and
rc5.d runlevel directories.  You put a simple start and stop script into the
init.d directory and then create appropriately named links to it in the
rc3.d and rc5.d directories.  You will need two links in each directory.
One for starting the service and one for stoping the service.  If you need
an example script, just take any of the existing service scripts in init.d/
and do a bit of renaming.  :)Hope this helps.

Jeff Hogg