This is the first problem.  I have set the backup to stop and start a
service /etc/init.d/atria.  The stop works and the backup commences to
success, but When it tries to start the "startup" script it fails.  It has
failed many ways, depending on how I right the script.  It either starts the
service and then just hangs (NetVault that is).  The job does not finish and
I have to "abort" the job.  The technical people have given me many ideas
but they have not helped.  The script does work if I run it on it's own.
Here is the script as I ran it last night.  I started using bash and the
support suggested c-shell.  They also suggested the
/usr/Netvault6/util/shexec part and the "exit 0".

#!/bin/tcsh

# script for starting services after backup

/usr/Netvault6/util/shexec "/etc/init.d/atria start"

exit 0

The second problem is when the program tries to start a backup it IDs a
blank tape as "BAD" and then fails.  The error message points to the scsi
card.  I reboot the server and NetVault sees the "BLANK" tape as "BLANK" and
I can do a backup.  Last night I even manually kicked off the backup myself
and it was fine.
Have you seen any of these problems?  The scsi may not be NetVault.  I am
just trying to narrow this one down to something.

I can send more info and logs.  Just seeing if anyone has any ideas.
Doug