Thomas Tolborg wrote:

Hello

I would like to know how to install redhat 9 on a system with SiI 3112 Raid controller.
I have created my raid array in the SiI 3112 configuration. But it seems that Redhat 9 don't have drivers for this controller. Redhat 9 just treats my disks as two seperate disks.

I can see on http://www.siimage.com homepage that linux is actually a supported os, but I can't seem to find drivers or anything that will help me.

The SiI 3112 controller is onboard on an ASUS P4G8X motherboard. ASUS don't have drivers for the controller either.

This controller isn't really a raid controller. It's a sata controller with a few bios hooks to allow you to boot off the raid arrays. All of the raid is done in the driver. You are really better off treating the controller as an ide controller and using linux software raid.

That said in theory if you load the ataraid, and silraid modules it will see the arrays. This is not supported in the install however.

--
There is no such thing as obsolete hardware.
Merely hardware that other people don't want.