On Sat, 5 Apr 2003 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Sorry, I don't quite understand "I wouldn't even attempt an upgrade 3 major
> releases apart on *any* OS." ?

I'd agree with this, we had a LOT of trouble upgradeing 6.2 to 7.3, on
everything even a simple DNS server only running Bind.

However we took the plunge and on Tuesday night used the upgrade function
of the RH9 CD to upgrade from 7.3, everything went flawlessly, it was a
dream, after no hassles on Wednesday did same to our News Server, again a
dream, no conflicts/errors/lockups or anything, rock stable since, not
missed a beat since, the Mail servers will be done over this weekend.

Web servers will be a different story due to the vHost software we use,
need to test it on a play box first :)
On that note has anyone on 7.3 done an upgrade to 9 with Chaogics vHost on
the web servers?? Curious to know how it went if so..

--
-Res

Micro$oft-: Destruction of theory "You get what you pay for"